Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat-DABS:
Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS) is an independent and autonomous company established under the corporations and limited liabilities law of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. DABS is Limited Liability Company with all its equity shares owned by the Afghan government. As the national power utility, DABS replaced to Da Afghanistan Breshna Moassessa (DABM) on the 4th May 2008 (15 Saur 1387). DABS manages electric power generation, import, transmission and distribution throughout Afghanistan on a commercial basis.
DABS objective is to provide reliable power for reasonable price in order to facilitate national economic growth. Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat is responsible to manage all the revenue generated from electricity distribution throughout the country. The management, transmission and distribution and sales are the main responsibilities of Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat in the country.
- Ministry of Finance 45%
- Ministry of Energy and Water 35%
- Ministry of Economy 10%
- Ministry of Urban Development 10%
DABS Organizational Structure:
When Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat was established as an independent corporation for a better management, the company’s board of directors was structured as follow:
- Ministry of finance, chairman of the board
- Ministry of Energy and Water as deputy chairman of the board
- Ministry of Economy as board member
- Ministry of Urban Development as board member
In order to improve the management and administration of the company, the Executive Directorate was established.
In the framework of DABS, the following three directors have been set up to promote better affairs and better service to their compatriots:
- Operations Department: this department is responsible for transmission and distribution of electricity throughout the country, as well as the survey, design and implementation of electricity projects.
- Commercial Department: this department is responsible for the distribution of electricity, billing, collection of revenue and customer service.
- Finance Department: this department is responsible for the management of human resources, information technology, financial affairs and improving financial procedures throughout the country.
Instruction of Electricity:
Electricity plays an important role in the development of a country. Therefore, it is the right of every citizen to have access to proper and sustainable electricity. Hereby to make this dream come true and bring sustainable electricity to the country, it’s important for each fellow citizen to obey the rules and regulations of DABS.
These rules and regulations are as follow:
All consumers should avoid overusing electricity
Illegal consumption of electricity is a crime and in case of observing such action by anyone please call 144 at Kabul and provincial level.
Legal use of electricity is your right so you can use electricity based on your need.
The advantages of Electricity:
Electricity is not only a source of light but it could also be utilized for welfare and prosperity of society and economic development. Electrify could be used for internet, TVs and etc. at last we could say that electricity is the main factor for development and growth of industry, technology and eventually development of a society.